I work at a church. In children’s ministry.
I don’t blab that to a lot to people because I think, for the most part, it conjures up a general image in people’s minds. It’s like there’s a stereotype of “children’s ministry” people. Some would see that as a good thing. Others, not so much.
I don’t like a job or a label to define me. And I prefer to perceive myself as anything but “like all the other ________ .” You know – like all the other moms…. like all the other bloggers… like all the other women drivers…. Like all the other children’s ministry people…. Like all the other “Christians.” But that’s a whole different blog post.
Back to my job. At a church.
It’s a big week, specifically in our children’s ministry. We are doing an extreme makeover in our large group environments. All in one week. There have been several construction teams working day and night to get this all done in a week.
This Sunday when the kids come into their area, they are going to notice BIG changes. And I think they’re going to like them. We have some great surprises in store for them.
I promise to post pictures of the big reveal!
I'm so jealous. Our environment is on my list too...but we are little and poor and it won't look anything like yours...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, how exciting for your kids! I can't wait to see the final photos!
And, I almost didn't start working in CM because of the stereotypes I had. but I LOVE it.
wish I could be there....miss that place and all of the people so much!
ReplyDelete