Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why It's Been 17 Years

On Saturday Chelsea treated me to a manicure. It was the first time in 17 years that I had my nails done by a professional.

And this is why it has been 17 years….

This photo was taken a mere 48 hours after the manicure. Rest assured, one of the chips was there 6 hours after.

No matter how careful I try to be, I smudge, chip and dent my nails.

I used to be able to blame it on being a mom of 3 young kids. You know, diapers, potty training, dishes, toys, house cleaning, car seats, strollers, etc etc. But my kids are now 18, 16 (this week!) and 10. And I did not do any dishes this weekend. Nor did I clean my house. No excuses. It must be the tom-boy in me.

Sigh… I enjoyed the manicure and the look. But it’s just not worth doing it regularly.

I think next time we’ll do a pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment